TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures

Go down

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Empty Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures

Post by Kambei Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 pm

These customs are based on the original 1979 Han Solo Trilogy of books: 'Han Solo At Stars End', 'Han Solo's Revenge' and 'Han Solo and the Lost Legacy' by Brian Daley. For all their flaws, IMO they are much better than the 1997 A.C. Crispin Han Solo Trilogy. They are fast paced and are fun.

Super-Articulated ANH Han Solo

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures SAHan01

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures SAHan02

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures SAHan03

Upper body/belt/lower legs: Vintage Collection Han Solo
Upper legs/Groin: Vintage Collection Endor Capture Luke Skywalker
Blastech DL-44 Blaster Pistol: Marauder John with long Hasbro scope

I saw someone on a Doctor Who forum make a ANH Han using a Harry Potter Weasley Twins figure. Got me thinking about articulating the hips on a Vintage Collection Han. I thought about using a VC Bespin Han, but 1) I am not keen on the hip articulation, 2) they are like unicorn poodoo to get hold of, and 3) when they are available, they averaged around £50 GBP. I managed to get a spare VC Han and looked around for alternative legs. I suddenly thought about the VC Endor Capture Luke. I disassembled the torso on the Han and cut the belt away from the legs. I had to cut the Luke in half as the plastic is quite rigid. I then boiled and popped the lower legs on both figures and swapped them over so that they were not too short. I glued the belt on top of the legs. I needed the belt and plug as they fit back into the torso perfectly. I printed out a blood-stripe onto vinyl and started and assembling the figure.

Bollux and Blue Max

28 years ago I made my first full-sculpted custom using a Kenner Han Solo carbonite figure. It was a Captain Scarlet custom. British members will know who I mean. I then made a Captain Black to go with him. I was so happy with the way they turned out, and I still have them, that I sat down with a pen and paper and started making a list of action figures that I would like to make. Came to about 200 figures. Most of these I have made over the years, but one that was near the top of the list That has caused me headaches trying to work out how to make it is Bollux and Blue Max from the Han Solo adventures by Brian Daley.

I have always had a fondness for those books, and for Bollux and Max in particular. I wanted them as figures to go with my Kenner Han and Chewie figures, then POTF, then Saga and now VC. I started planning a custom many times, but I could never find a droid or other figure that I was happy with. Then several weeks ago I was trawling Rebelscum photo archives and started going through the Legacy Droid Factory section. I clicked on the Darth Maul/I-5YQ listing, stared at the screen and had a facepalm moment. Straight to Legacy BAD to look for parts and then over to Ebay.

Made him a metallic green to match the description in 'Han Solo's Revenge' The little cube that came with the I-5YQ was perfect for Blue Max.

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Bollux01

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Bollux02

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Bollux03

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Bollux04

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Bollux05

Head: Cast from Vader's 2-1B Surgical Droid
Torso/Upper Arms/Lower Legs: Legacy Droid Factory I-5YQ
Lower Arms: BAD HK-50
Upper Legs: YVH-1

Gallandro, THe Assassin

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Gallandro01-1

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Gallandro02-1

Head: Bail Organa
Torso/Arms/Jacket: Tatooine (Lost Scene) Biggs Darklighter
Legs: Harry Potter
Gunbelt/Blaster: Not sure
Scarf: ribbon

I wanted a book-accurate Gallandro figure, not the illustration we commonlly see: the picture from The Essential Guide to Characters. In both 'Han Solo's Revenge' and 'Han Solo and teh Lost Legacy' he is described as wearing a short grey jacket, grey trousers and polished black shoes. I expect if Hasbro ever get round to making a figure, it will be the Essential Guide version.

Corporate Sector Authority Security Police (ESPOs)

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures ESPO01

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures ESPO02

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures ESPO03

Head/Helmet: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Accelerator Suit Duke
Rest of figure: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Elite Viper
Assault Rifle: Marauder Gun Runners

A couple of ESPOs from the 'Han Solo at Star's End' and 'Han Solo's Revenge' novels by Brian Daly. Been thinking about making a couple of these figures for a long time, even more so after I started making a few EU customs. I had settled on the helmet and head a first. Just had to cut out the lower part of teh visor and leave the chin guard intact. I was in TRU and saw GI Joe: Rise of Cobra figures reduced. I looked at the armour on the Elite Viper and grabbed two. Just needed a basic repaint. The gun was a no brainer. I had a couple of Colonial Marines Pulse Rifles in my box of Marauder John goodies.

Corporate Sector Authority Security Police:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Espo

I am planning to add to this set at some point. Already have parts languishing in the Star Wars fodder box for two more customs from Stars End.

Kambei
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures Empty Re: Star Wars Expanded Universe: Han Solo Adventures

Post by Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:41 am

Once again , amazing work Kambei !! Very Happy 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down