TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs!

Go down

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Empty Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs!

Post by Kambei Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:28 am

Way back in 1977, after Marvel had adapted A New Hope , they decided to keep going with an ongoing series. This lasted for 105 issues taking in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi along the way. Without access to scripts or notes from the upcoming films, they published stories and ideas that were sometimes apocryphal at best. Some of the stories were memorable and produced some characters and races that ended up in the Dark Horse Comics run.

The first new story was a re-telling of the films The Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven. It has always been a favourite of mine.and some of the characters live on as fan favourites.

Amaiza Foxtrain:

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Amaiza01

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Amaiza02

Head: Golden Compass Mrs Coulter
Figure: Aurra Sing
Hands: Clone Wars Boba Fett

Han Solo: Amaiza, did anyone ever tell you that you talk too much?
Amaiza: One guy,... once. Last I heard, his widow was living it up on Bestine with his death benefits.

Last time, I used a Spy Troops Baroness figure. It never really looked right to me. This time I managed to snag an extra 3D packaging Aurra Sing. A few bits of vinyl tape, a new head and hands and a complete repaint and done. Got a far more comic accurate version.

Jaxxon

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Jaxxon01

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Jaxxon02

Head: cast from original version that I sculpted, with new ears and whiskers
Body: Pax Bonika  (Rodian)
Hands: Microman
Gunbelt/Blasters: Clone Wars Boba Fett
Feet: Sculpted

I was quite happy with teh first version I did, but I wanted to update it. The Pax/Greedo/Rodian body was perfect for his bodysuit. I cast the original head that i sculpted and made new ears and added whiskers this time. Had to drill out the wrist holes to fit the Microman hands in, but they were just overlarge enough to look right.

Starhoppers

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Starhoppers

Eight For Aduba-3

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! 8againstaworld

Jim 'The Starkiller Kid':

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Jimm

Head: Comic Pack Luke Skywalker
Body: Comic Pack Talon Karrde

Nice and simple LBC. Just had to swap heads out

Effie (FE-9Q):

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Effie01

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Effie02

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Effie03

Head/Torso/Arms: Iron Man 2 Comic Series Original Iron Man
Chassis: Matchbox 1/72 M1 Abrams tank
Headlights: Warhammer
Engine: GI Joe

I tried making this several years ago without any success. What a difference about five years of customising and a much better selection and quality of available figures makes.
Okay, not completely comic accurate, but I decided to go for a very clunky retro look. Sprayed he whole thing with Citadel Chaos black and dry brushed Citadel Mithril Silver over the top to give it a weathered look. I had bought the searchlights on the front for another project but I thought they fit the look perfectly. I did think about leaving the back as it was, but it looked uneven, so I just added a generator backpack from a GI Joe Dreadnoks figure.

Don-Wan Kihotay:

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! DonWan01a

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! DonWan02

Head: Golden Compass Lee Scoresby
Body: Clone Trooper

Another redo of an earlier attempt. I have DarthSinister to thank for the inspiration on this. I already had the clone trooper. I had already started modifying the Lee Scoresby head a couple of years ago for another figure that never came to fruition. I just took the stetson off, rounded out the top of the head with some epoxy and liquid green stuff and added a beard. I have a bag of spare lightsabers and a spare Jedi robe. Easy modification for a good end result.
In my SW Universe, Don-Wan is a Jedi. The destruction of the Jedi Order at the end of the Clone Wars affected his mind, and he went into exile in the Outer Rim. Joining up with Solo's team brought back some of his sanity and he regained his honour. He survived the destruction of the medical station because Valance took him with him on his ship for further interrogation, then dumped him back on on Aduba-3 where Jim and his wife nursed him back to health. Since then he has been a lone force for justice in the Outer Rim worlds..

Hedji the Spiner:

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Hedji

Head: Teebo
Body: J'Quille
Cloak: softgoods

Another DarthSinister inspired custom. I had been wondering how to do this until I Googled an image search and found his thread on Rebelscum. Went for a more comic accurate head and decapitated an Ewok. Quick ear modification, repaint and softgoods cloak and it was good to go.

Last edited by Kambei on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Kambei
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Empty Re: Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs!

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:31 am

Loving these customs Kambei ! So well made and very creative ! cheers 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Empty Re: Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs!

Post by Kambei Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:14 am

Continuing on the theme of teh Marvel Comics run, I did a couple of characters from the last year:

Bey:

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Bey01

Head: Lanard
Body: MU Gladiator
Feet: Thor Frost Giant
Sash: purple face cloth
Sword: GI Joe

Knife:

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Knife

Head: MU Namor
Body: Comic Pack Luke Skywalker
Knives: GI Joe
Sash: Legacy Jawa

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Bey02

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Bey03

I made Bey a few years ago using a Mattel JLU figure. I always meant to remake, finally got around to it.

Original:
Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Bey

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:21 am

Hoojibs:

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! Hoojibs01

Star Wars Expanded Universe: Marvel Comics: Part 3: Hoojibs! S6303395

Cast and modified Hare from Golden Compass Lee Scoresby figure

While I am on an EU jag, and especially the Marvel Comics run, I thought I would attempt something I have wanted to make for a long time. The telepathic Hoojibs from the Planet Arbra that appeared in the comic from issue 55 onwards.
I had some spare hares from the Lee Scoresby figures, so I cut off the ears and sculpted a new head on. I then made a mold and cast several up. I added new ears with milliput and used a piece of jewellers wire to make the antenna. I could have molded the ears a s well, but I wanted to make each one unique, apart from the colours.

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down