TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale

2 posters

Go down

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale Empty Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale

Post by Kambei Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:52 am

I did a Davros and Nyder a few years back using what was available at the time, always meaning to revisit them. I got sidetracked with trying to do a new series davros, but when the 50th No-Joe Challenge was announced on JoeCustoms, I decided to go back to basics and remake the two of them in classic style.

Action figures have improved exponentially over teh last few years, and the choice of 1:18 scale figures seems to be growing daily.

Davros:

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale 01Davros

Parts:
Head: Cast in resin from the Fine Arts Casting pewter Davros
Torso, arms, right hand: GI Joe Crimson Guard  http://yojoe.com/action/08/images/crimsonguard9_large.shtml
Console: Cast in resin from the Fine Arts Casting pewter Davros
Base: Black Dalek Air Freshener
Head accessories: 20 guage craft wire, 0.25mm jewellers wire

Nyder:

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale 02Nyder

Parts:
Entire figure: Star Wars Legacy Captain Needa   http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC40Needa.asp
Glasses: Indiana Jones Last Crusade Henry Jones   http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ_Henry.asp

BTW, PC and Mary Whitehouse can go to blazes. That is a printout of an actual WWII vintage Iron Cross under Nyder's collar. I wanted the figure to be as authentic as possible.

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale GenesisoftheDaleks

I find sites like YoJoe, Rebelscum and CoolToyReview to be invaluable when looking for which parts to use for customs.
a while ago, a friend of mine and myself were discussing amongst other things, Steampunk, Doctor Who, and the Daleks. We started wondering what would happen if you combined steampunk and Doctor Who, setting the scene in 1930s Germany, taking the Nazi allegory of the Thal/Kaled war to its logical conclusion. I have other things planned, but for now, here are two figures I have just finished, based on Davros, creator of the Daleks, and Nyder, his second in command from the story: Genesis of the Daleks:

Davros von Schillborn:
Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale DavrosFront

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale DavrosRSide

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale DavrosRear

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale DavrosLSide

Head: Order 66 Palpatine with Legacy Han Solo goggles and part of strap from MU Hawkeye
Body: 25th Crimson Guardsman
Left Arm: Clone Wars Ziro's Assassin Droid
Main chair: Cobra Terrordrome with: Lego cart wheels, Astromech unit side wheels, Astromech legs, aluminium mesh, plasticard, a Deep Six v2 backpack (life support unit) and sundry other items I found in my bits box.

General Maximillian Nyder:
Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale NyderFront

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale NyderRear

Head: Last Crusade Colonel Vogel
Body: Resolute Destro
Left Hand: RoC Doctor Rex
Right Eye: Eyepiece from GI Joe rifle
Breathing mask/Respirator: Starkiller Concept figure
Butt pack: Phantom Menace accessory pack

The logo on the armbands is the one used by the Kaled Bunker Guards in 'Genesis of the Daleks'.

Kambei
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%

Back to top Go down

Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale Empty Re: Davros and Nyder plus Alternate Universe Davros and Nyder 1:18 scale

Post by PlanetProductions123 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:06 am

I absolutely love that davros. I would be proud if I made that Very Happy
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%
Birthday : 2001-08-17

http://thetwelvefaces.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down