TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,,

4 posters

Go down

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Empty Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,,

Post by Kambei Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Going to post some horror based customs in the run up to Halloween. But first:

Dracula:
Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Dracula02

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Dracula01

The body is a DC Infinite Heroes Joker and the head is from Count Dooku. I sanded the beard and moustache off. Makes a very nice Christopher Lee/Hammer version. Wish I could take credit for the diorama, but it is the MacFarlane Dracula Playset from the late 90s.

Last edited by Kambei on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:20 am; edited 5 times in total

Kambei
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%

Back to top Go down

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Empty Re: Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,,

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:08 am

Awesome custom ! I'm looking forward to the rest Very Happy affraid 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Empty Re: Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,,

Post by Kambei Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:33 am

An extra one for today:

Baron Samedi:
Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, BaronSamedi01

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, BaronSamedi02

Made this from an Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior a couple of years back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetProductions123 Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Epic Customs. I've just watched the omen 1 and the omen 2. SOOOO SCARY Very Happy
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Birthday : 2001-08-17

http://thetwelvefaces.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Made this for Halloween last year.

The Headless Horseman:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, HH01

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, HH05

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, HH03

The pumpkin is from a Stikfas Witch kit. The horse is the quite hard to find Papo Zorro horse. Already black so just needed a few tweaks. The cloak is made from black cotton with jewellers wire under the gold trim so that it is poseable.

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Seen this done on a couple of other sites, so I thought I would have a crack at it to keep my hand in. The 'Creature from the Black Lagoon' has always been one of my favourite films, and I have had the Burger King toy tucked away in a fodder box for a long time. Did a bit of research into what colours I wanted to paint it and had a stab:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Creature04

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Creature01

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Creature02

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Creature03

Gave it an undercoat of grey, then a base of sprayed black, a dry-brush of very dark green, a dry-brush of metallic green and did the fins and other bits in two lighter shades of green. Used a fine marker pen to put the pupils in. In all, I used 8 different shades of green to get the effect.
Used a 'red leather' for the lips as I didn't want the bright red 'lipstick' that is seen in quite a few art pieces and posters.

Here is a pic of the unadulterated Burger King toy:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Npkfmc

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:03 am

Very nice Kambei
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:46 am

A romantic pairing that should need no introduction:

Frankenstein's Creature:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Frank01

The Bride:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Bride01

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Bride02

The Creature was quite easy. I made it using a Marvel Universe body and Golden Compass coat, with a sculpted shirt. I made a molod of the head from the Burger King toy and cast it in resin. Quite a nice likeness of Karloff considering it was a cheap toy. Pity they didn't put the same care into their Lugosi Dracula and The Wolfman. The electrodes (they are NOT bolts) on his neck are the barrels from a couple of GI Joe rifles.

Like many others, I consider Bride of Frankenstein to be far superior to the original. Elsa Lanchester is superb as The Bride. Used a piece of old t-shirt for the robes and white ribbon dulled down for the bandages. The hair is completely sculpted

Couple of B&W shots:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Frank01a

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Frank02a

Burger King Frankenstein toy:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, 2zrlyj5

I have the full set of these, plus the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Karloff Mummy keychain torches. They are all approximately 1:18 scale:

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, 2wna5xx

Got something spooktacular lined up for tomorrow that will tear your souls apart!

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:44 am

The thread. You opened it. We came. Now you must come with us, taste our pleasures.

Who are you?

Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others. No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering. We have such sights to show you! affraid 

One of my favourite series of horror films (well, 1,2,5 and 6, anyway). Clive Barker's 'The Hellbound Heart' given flesh and blood as the 'Hellraiser' movies. Made these figures a few years ago as a Halloween Challenge. Pinhead was the most difficult. Each of the 'nails' in his head is a piece of jewellers wire in individually drilled holes into the head. Used a 0.15mm drill bit and 0.1mm wire after marking the gridlines on his head using a 0.1mm marker.

But please, feel free, explore. We have eternity to know your flesh.

Pinhead:
Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Pinhead03

Female/Sister Nikoletta:
Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Female02

Butterball:
Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Butterball02

Chatterer:
Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Chatterer02

The heads on Butterball and Chatterer are sculpted. All of the wire is the same as used for Pinhead. I used the same lower body for Pinhead and the Female: Star Wars Legacy Collection Emperor Palpatine.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, Joey, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Cenobites-1

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 pm

These are fantastic! Great work! cheers
Scary
Scary
Nerd

Birthday : 1997-04-08
Favourite TV Show : Doctor Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:30 am

I love your Pinhead Kambei
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:04 am

Forgot to add a Target Doctor Who cover I put together. Started it as a fan fiction crossover. Must get around to finishing it someday.

Ooooooh! The Horror... Part 6: HELL-oween: Demons to some, angels to others,,,, Aspects

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:12 am

Very Nice... what body did you use to make the 7th Doctor
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Kevin's Customs wrote:Very Nice... what body did you use to make the 7th Doctor
I will post better pics and the full recipe in a separate thread

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down