TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom

2 posters

Go down

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom Empty Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom

Post by Kambei Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:48 am

Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west.

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom Conan01

Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom Conan02

It is I, who has unearthed and translated the Nemedian Chronicles who shall take you through lands and peoples of high adventure, and even other worlds where warriors, giants, fantastic beasts, beautiful maidens and fantastic deeds abound.

I am a long time fan of the Conan stories. My first introduction to them was through the Marvel Savage Sword of Conan issue: The City of Skulls when I was about thirteen. My Dad saw it in a newsagent and bought it for the both of us. I have the deluxe The Complete Chronicles of Conan: Centenary Edition edition of the Robert E. Howard originals, all of the L. Sprague de Camp and Lin Carter stories, most of the John Maddox Roberts books plus several other authours, the first fourteen graphic reprints of the black and white Savage Sword )500 pages per volume) and the first 21 graphics of Marvel's Conan The Barbarian plus about 10 of the Dark Horse graphics. I also have both the Schwarzenegger films and the new film.

Last edited by Kambei on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:21 am; edited 2 times in total

Kambei
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%

Back to top Go down

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom Empty Re: Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom

Post by Captain Ironmac Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Really love the conan
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac
Nerd

Birthday : 1966-08-21

Back to top Go down

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom Empty Re: Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom

Post by Kambei Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:41 am

"My love is stronger than any death! I have lain in your arms, panting with the violence of our love; you have held and crushed and conquered me, drawing my soul to your lips with the fierceness of your bruising kisses. My heart is welded to your heart, my soul is part of your soul! Were I still in death and you fighting for life, I would come back from the abyss to aid you--aye, whether my spirit floated with the purple sails on the crystal sea of paradise, or writhed in the molten flames of hell! I am yours, and all the gods and all their eternities shall not sever us!" - BĂȘlit (Queen of the Black Coast by Robert E. Howard)

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom Belit01

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom Belit02

Figure: MU Black Widow

Belit. The Pirate Queen of the Black Coast. The first real love of Conan's life

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:31 am

Okay, be honest, hands up all those who were expecting a James Earl Jones figure?

This version is based on the artwork in the black and white Conan and Kull comics and magazines from Marvel in the early 1970s.

Thulsa Doom:
Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom ThulsaDoom02

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom ThulsaDoom01

Head: Cast from Ray Harryhausen skeleton figurine
Body: ToD Mola Ram

I was going through some of the old B&W Conan and Kull comics and saw a single page portrait of Thulsa Doom from the Kull stories by Robert E Howard. I liked the idea of the skull head, but the costume in Savage Sword of Conan Annual #1 left me cold. Started looking through rebelscum at possible figures, then I remembered that I had a spare Mola Ram in the fodder box. Made it quite a simple custom.

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom S6303033

Modified the figure so that I can have him with the original look or this new version with the cloak, kindly supplied by fellow customiser Dark Horse.

Just finished doing the modsL

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom ThulsaDoom04

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom ThulsaDoom05

Conan: An Age Undreamed of..... Part 3: Thulsa Doom ThulsaDoom06

He can be posed with bare arms or robe/sleeves. The arms are interchangeable.

The decoration on the robes is gold stick on edging painted with Tamiya clear red acrylic. The cultist book is something I put together. It works as a real book/tome. More pictures of this when I post Thoth Amon.

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down