TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures

5 posters

Go down

Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures Empty Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures

Post by PlanetProductions123 Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:07 am

Well I suppose I'll start this topic here. Glad they're making that exclusive hide set with all new character variants included. Can't show the image until 7 days. But all of the range announced so far is:

Figures:

The Doctor
The Doctor (Variant)
Clara
Clara (Red Dress Variant)
Cyberman 2013
Cyberman 2013 (Variant)
Dalek
Dalek (Sec) (Variant)
Ice Warrior
Weeping Angel
Weeping Angel (Screaming Angel Variant)
Weeping Angel (Looped Variant)

Sets:

Dalek Invasion of Earth (With Hoverboard)
Cold War Submarine Ship (With Ice Warrior with No Shell)
Angels Take Manhattan Winter Quay (With Cherubs)
Hide Caliburn House Set (With Monster)

Exclusive Sets:

Hide Caliburn House (Woods Exclusive Set) (With The Doctor Variant, Clara Variant and TARDIS Variant)

Wave 2 Coming Late Winter (Early Spring) In 2014!

I think these figures are pretty cool and will get all of them except the variants unless I'm lucky Razz

So Guys what are your thoughts on the figures. Without stating the obvious "Ooh I prefer 5 inch figures" Cause we all feel that Razz
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%
Birthday : 2001-08-17

http://thetwelvefaces.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures Empty Re: Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures

Post by Kambei Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:48 am

The Doctor: Nicely in scale with Satr Wars figures (at long last). Not a bad sculpt. Quite a nice figure

Amy: Not sure about the head-sculpt, but overall not a bad figure. Nice to see a civilian female figure. Customisers will be rubbing their hands

Dalek: It's a Dalek. Not many ways you can mess it up (unless your company is called Dapol Rolling Eyes  ) Best of the batch. Hope they will do some Classic Series Daleks. After all, they did pop up in 'Asylum'

Cyberman: Bit small but looks good. After you have boiled and reset the legs. Again, hopefully we will get some Classic Cybers.

Ice Warrior: Really nice figure. Except for the knock-knees. Quick fix with boiling water and it is just about perfect.

Weeping Angel: NIce figure and the variant. Big problem is no elbow/biceps swivel so that it cannot cover its eyes.

ONly have 1 playset:

Dalek Invasion Playset: Love the Hoverbout. Really nice. Bought it just for that. Could have done with some kind of clear stand so that it could 'fly', though. Less than impressed with the London backdrop. Fiddly to assemble (and I have been making models for 4 decades), does not fit properly and does not stay together very well. Not impressed with the little clear plugs holding the upper and lower parts together. Had to use impact glue in the end.

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures Empty Re: Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures

Post by PlanetProductions123 Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:07 pm

I've got a lot of this range for christmas for my FA. But I desperately need the TARDIS interior Set by Febuary 25th. Or I can't do my FA and it will be delayed. :/ Hopefully I'll get lucky! Very Happy
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Explosive Cookie Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:41 am

Kambei wrote:
Amy: Not sure about the head-sculpt, but overall not a bad figure. Nice to see a civilian female figure. Customisers will be rubbing their hands
Don't you mean Clara? LOL! 

Explosive Cookie
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetProductions123 Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 am

LOL I wasn't going to say anything but yea LOL
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:01 am

I wish we had a 3.75 Amy... she and Rory would be awesome with an Angel
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25

Back to top Go down

Post by Explosive Cookie Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Kevin's Customs wrote:I wish we had a 3.75 Amy... she and Rory would be awesome with an Angel
Yea...well an angel with proper articulation that is! Hopefully we will see Amy and Rory in the DWFC which is just a tad smaller but it would be better than nothing.

Explosive Cookie
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:18 am

Rather disappointed that there have been no announcements for the next wave, especially with the 50th Anniversary looming. They seem to be selling very well in various stores. Selling out, in fact. The only one that seems to be peg warming, and not for long, is the Weeping Angel. None of the three local-ish Toys R Us stores seem to be able to keep the playsets or TARDIS on the shelves mores than a couple of days.

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Not surprised that there's no new figures yet. It's CO after all. They said the 50th year would be filled with merchandise. They'd be better off being comedians rather than working in the toy industry.
Scary
Scary
Nerd

Birthday : 1997-04-08
Favourite TV Show : Doctor Who

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetProductions123 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:05 am

lol scary. I really have to get this range for my FA. I mean I can't really start collecting more of the 5 inch now as there's too much and they won't release new figures. Well never mind the 3.75 inch figures may be bad as of the size but good for my for collecting. Very Happy

Going to be a nightmare filming the 3.75 adventure as I mustn't show my hands when filming Razz
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:25 pm

I think these figures are generally good. The monsters/villains are definitely very good, except from the Weeping Angel which I wasn't too happy with. It's the Doctor and Clara that I really dislike.

I hope that the Capaldi figure is a lot better than the Smith one! bounce
Scary
Scary
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:29 pm

PlanetProductions123 wrote:lol scary. I really have to get this range for my FA. I mean I can't really start collecting more of the 5 inch now as there's too much and they won't release new figures. Well never mind the 3.75 inch figures may be bad as of the size but good for my for collecting. Very Happy

Going to be a nightmare filming the 3.75 adventure as I mustn't show my hands when filming Razz
You can get some small clamps from pound shops that will hold the feet without damage if you are shooting from knees up.

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 am

PlanetProductions123 wrote:lol scary. I really have to get this range for my FA. I mean I can't really start collecting more of the 5 inch now as there's too much and they won't release new figures. Well never mind the 3.75 inch figures may be bad as of the size but good for my for collecting. Very Happy

You'll just have to work your hand into the story as some sort of mevloant alien who controls people:bounce: 
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 am

Kevin's Customs wrote:

You'll just have to work your hand into the story as some sort of mevloant alien who controls people:bounce: 
Hehe. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Razz
Scary
Scary
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures 50th10

Can we take this to mean, then, that CO have NO 50th anniversary related figures ready to be released for Christmas? If they haven't got anything yet, it means we're gonna be waiting about four to six months before we see any 50th anniversary related figures since that's how long design, production and distribution takes. What on earth?!

If it's true that the BBC haven't told CO anything about what figures to make then they need a serious smack. The BBC have messed up CO's chances of celebrating the 50th anniversary so badly. Not only will their profits be far less if they release 50th anniversary figures in a few months, they've failed the fans. I cannot describe in words how disappointed, angry and frustrated I am.

Ultimate facepalm.

Doctor Who 3.75 (Character Options) Figures Ultimate+facepalm_1d1110_4387841
Scary
Scary
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Sadly I think this is yet another bad decision in a string of bad decisions that mean the end is coming for this line
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down