TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found!

4 posters

Go down

The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found! Empty The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found!

Post by Campion Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:38 am

The BBC have today confirmed that 9 previously lost Doctor Who episodes have been returned to the BBC and are now available to download from Itunes.

The Enemy of the World sees Troughton take on the dual-role of both the Doctor and his antagonist, Salamander, in a thrilling tale of spies, natural disasters and one man’s desire to control the whole world. The Enemy of the World will be released exclusively on iTunes on October 11. A DVD is also available for pre-order now from BBC Shop, and will be in stores from November 22.

Also recovered is the 1968 story, The Web of Fear. Unfortunately, Episode Three is still missing but reconstruction has been made this using still image ‘telesnaps’ of the episode and the original audio soundtrack, which has been restored. The story introduces Nicholas Courtney as Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart (who later returns as the Brigadier) and sees the Doctor do battle with the Great Intelligence for a second time.The Web of Fear will be released exclusively on iTunes on 11 October, and will be released on DVD in early 2014.
Campion
Campion
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%

Back to top Go down

The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found! Empty Re: The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found!

Post by Kevin's Customs Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Begs an obvious question... how could they have gotten lost in the first place? I am astounded that the BBC could lose an episode of Doctor Who
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25

Back to top Go down

The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found! Empty I want limited ones NOW :P

Post by PlanetProductions123 Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:50 am

Going to try and get both of these on Limited edition. They will stand out on the shelves when I pet them in line with the rest but I'd rather have it! :DI think it's a brilliant idea and so happy they were found. Stupid Sky news saying all episodes found. Even though I highly doubted it in the 1st place. But anyone who wants to Pre-Order The Limited edition better act facts. Apparently they're going fast. Which is good for some but bad for others!!!

PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Birthday : 2001-08-17

http://thetwelvefaces.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found! Empty Re: The Enemy of The World and The Web of Fear Found!

Post by SeaDevil Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:33 am

I gotta say...these two stories are simply amazing and are now two of my favorite Troughtons.

They must be seen by any fan of the Second Doctor. Instant classics.
SeaDevil
SeaDevil
Nerd

Birthday : 1966-05-26
Favourite TV Show : Star Trek - Original series

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetProductions123 Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:43 am

Getting me excited now SeaDevil. :-D

Glad I asked for the limited edition enemy of the world YAY!
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Birthday : 2001-08-17

http://thetwelvefaces.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SeaDevil Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:56 am

I downloaded i-tunes and bought these because I simply could not wait!!!!
SeaDevil
SeaDevil
Nerd

Birthday : 1966-05-26
Favourite TV Show : Star Trek - Original series

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down