TheNerdRepublic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now?

4 posters

Go down

Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now?

Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now? I_vote_lcap80%Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now? I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now? I_vote_lcap20%Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5
Back

Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now? Empty Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now?

Post by Kevin's Customs Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:43 am

Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

Warning Level : 100%

http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25

Back to top Go down

Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now? Empty Re: Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now?

Post by PlanetProductions123 Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:05 pm

I voted Yes and yay overall people agree with me Very Happy
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Birthday : 2001-08-17

http://thetwelvefaces.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now? Empty Re: Will Harry Potter be Required Reading for Literature Classes 100 Years from now?

Post by Scary Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 pm

It probably will be, yeah. They're very well written books and it's definitely one of the best series of novels of our time. If we're going by sales alone, it's arguably THE best series of all time so far - it smashed all the previous world records in book sales. And I'm not surprised, either, as it's a great story! Very Happy
Scary
Scary
Nerd

Birthday : 1997-04-08
Favourite TV Show : Doctor Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:35 pm

UNless the GCSE (or equivalent) syllabus changes drastically in the next 100 years, I find it unlikely. I enjoyed the books, but they are essentially written for younger readers. I have had a look at the English Lit syllabus for the last few years and although there is some modern literature in there, there is nothing like the Harry Potter series. Not even Tolkien or C.S. Lewis are on the list. Book sales don't have an impact on the books on the list, neither does pop culture.

Just remember that tastes change over time. Harry Potter was something new and the publicity machine hyped it up beyond all expectations. As good as the overall story is, it is flawed in many respects, especially the first few books. I am sure that J.K. Rowling would change a lot of things if she could go back and start over.

The other problem, and this affects authours such as J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis as well is that the Harry Potter books are part of a series and the story is interwoven over seven books. I could be argued that then earlier books, especially Philospher's Stone are more or less self-contained, but no examnination board is going to set all of the books together.

Kambei
Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 am

That is a good point... the whole story arc is vast and really isn't well captured in a single book but I do think it would be the first book that would be what would be read in schools of the future
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Nerd

http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetProductions123 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:07 am

The more and more I thinka bout it, the more and more I say YES YES YES! :-D
PlanetProductions123
PlanetProductions123
Nerd

Birthday : 2001-08-17

http://thetwelvefaces.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down